Statewide Engineering Technology Industry Advisory Board
The purpose of the State Engineering Technology Industry Advisory Board (SETIAB) is to:
- Identify core curriculum standards for preparing competitive workforce technicians to support local and state business industry and economic development.
- Identify the core structure of technical (Hands-On) training for engineering technology graduates supporting local and state industry and/or further expansion of education.
- Identify required components of short-term continuing education for incumbent employees utilizing college and industry resources On-Job-Training, Internship, and Co-op programs.
- Identify required components of lifelong fundamentals skillsets.
- Provide guidance on education and industry pathways for career growth for students/employees.
- Provide guidance for enhancing and aligning career and technical training with industry trends.
- Statewide Engineering Technology Industry Advisory Board (SETIAB) Governing Documents
- SETIAB Members
- SETIAB One-Pager
- March 29, 2023 [ Minutes]
- May 22, 2023 [Minutes Coming Soon]
- September 27, 2023 – St. Johns River State College
The sponsor of the SETIAB is FloridaMakes, in coordination with the Florida Advanced Technological Education Center (FLATE). FloridaMakes is the official representative of the Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) in Florida, a program of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, an agency of the Department of Commerce. FLATE’s mission is to increase the quantity, and quality of collaborations in curriculum development, reform, and dissemination, faculty professional development opportunities, recruitment, and outreach activities.
FLATE will facilitate efforts between the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE), Florida’s Engineering Technology programs, Engineering Technology Forum, FloridaMakes Network, and the State Engineering Technology Advisory Board (SETIAB).
Location and Contact
State Engineering Technology Advisory Board (SETIAB)
201 East Pine Street, Suite 735,
Orlando, Florida 32801